One of the easiest and most common upgrades on the paintball marker is a sight, also known as a “scope”.
We will uncover almost everything there is to know about the best sights for paintball guns. Whether these are useful in paintball or not.
Along with, which sights are the best among many brands such as Feyachi, TRINITY, TRINITY SUPPLY, CVLIFE, and EZshootto, out in the market to make your search simpler and to the point.
What is a “Sight”?
Sights are visual optics that aid paintball & airsoft players with consistent shots in scenario-based paintball matches and woodsball. It also finishes the overall beauty of a paintball marker or a gun and completes the look of a real-life-like weapon.
Many players don’t consider a “sight” to be an essential upgrade because it’s partially needed. Partially needed because, YES it does assist in consistent shooting but most of the time paintball players seldom use it; because many players tend to rapid fire until they hit a target.
By the time you make a shot from sight, other players would have already shot you down with rapid firing.
Although, it is an undeniable fact that sight raises the accuracy of a shot for snipers and is a good investment for paintball players who are snipers and those who are beginners, and for those who are more into looks.
Types of Sights
There are three main classifications of sights; reflex sights, reticle sights, dot sights, and holographic sights.
1. Reflex Sight
This uses a mirror-like lens that projects the red dot toward the target and then back to you. It is best suited for longer ranges.
2. Reticle Sight
For a good range of fields of vision, it has a bulkier figure than others. It uses crosshairs to pinpoint the target from a distance. This one comes with different reticle patterns, so players have a choice to choose the one best suited.
3. Dot Sight
As the name states, this sight uses either a red or a green dot to help you aim the target. These are the quickest and most accurate ones.
4. Holographic Sight
The most advanced sight out in the market now is the holographic ones, especially for paintball markers. It creates a hologram image and doesn’t let you lose focus of the target even when you reposition the gun.
“The best-suited sight or a scope for paintball is Holographic Sight according to many professionals.”
Difference Between a Sight and a Scope
Yes, you read that right. Although sight and scope have the same purpose of aiding players with the aim. However, there is a fine line of difference between them.
The basic difference is the absence of optic magnification in the sight whereas the scope has it. Sights are used for low and mid-range whereas longer-range accuracy scopes are the wiser choice.
Top 5 Sights For Paintball Markers
After thorough research and evaluation, we have listed down the top 5 sights or scopes for paintball guns, ranging from $15 to $130 in our opinion.
And with the help of our buying guide points, you can make the most out of your choice of paintball gun sights.
1. Feyachi Reflex Sight – Adjustable Red & Green 4 Styles Reticle Sight
- Dimensions: 3.11 x 1.14 x 2.13 inches
- Product Weight: 4.1 Ounces
- Material: Stainless Steel
Feyachi Reflex Sight has a 33mm lens that covers a wide range of fields. It is quite strong enough to withstand scratches. These can easily be mounted to paintball markers and guns and are easy to zero in. The given instructions were pretty simple to follow.
Feyachi offers four reticle patterns: star, cross, bullseye, and dot in two colors: red and green with 5 brightness settings.
Just as the manufacturer stated, we found Feyachi Reflex Sight to be the lightest weighted, shockproof and waterproof among others, and with a reasonable price tag. Ours took 3 to 5 minutes to give a clear vision in the first trial after that it was okay. We even tested it out on a nerf gun, 22 Ruger MK4, AR15 and it worked fine.
The only weak point we encountered was the frame of the lens. You need to be careful with it. You will need a 3V lithium battery for it which is included in the package along with a washcloth, rubber lens cap cover, and two wrenches.
- It is light in weight.
- Feyachi Reflex Sight is waterproof & shockproof.
- It offers unlimited eye relief.
- You can choose from 2 colors and 4 different reticle patterns.
- It is easily mounted on the marker and zeroed in.
- The frame looks a bit weak.
2. CVLIFE Reflex Sight With Red & Green 4 Reticle Dot Sight Along With A Gun Sight Laser
- Package Dimensions: 4.65 x 3.66 x 2.91 inches
- Package Weight: 0.31 Kilograms
- Material: Aluminum
CVLIFE Reflex Sight has a 33 mm lens with 1x magnification and a ClassIIIA gun sight laser. It is a perfect companion for players who are looking for both a sight and a laser upgrade.
It is an easy fix for 20 mm Picatinny rails and weaver. We found this more helpful in rapid firing. After a lot of testing, it is quite durable, reliable, and is light weighted. It also features a brightness setting and has an On/Off switch. We evaluated this sight on Mossberg 12 gauge, KRYTAC KRISS vector, Smith and Wesson Victory 22, and Ruger 22/45; and it fairly well zeroed in.
You will receive a Red and Green Reflex Dot Sight, Gun Sight Laser in red, a 3V Lithium Battery (CR2032), 3 Allen key, and a Remote Pressure Pad.
- This paintball gun sight is reliable and durable.
- It is light weighted.
- It comes along with a gun sight laser.
- 4 reticle designs and 2 colors; red & green to choose from.
- On/off switch button.
- It holds the consistency of its zero.
- Great customer service.
- Its elevation is adjustable.
- There is no information on MOA (Minute of Angle)
3. EZshoot Red & Green Dot Paintball Gun Reflex Sight 4, Adjustable Reticles Holographic Optic with 20mm Rail Mount
- Package Dimensions: 4.92 x 3.62 x 1.81 inches
- Weight: 3.76 Ounces
- Material: Aluminum
It provides a wide range of field vision with its 1x Magnification and 22×33 mm reflex lenses. In our opinion, these sights have the clearest lens due to their anti-glare reflective coating.
The windage and elevation are adjustable, which we found very handy for eye relief. You can choose from 4 different reticle patterns and 5 brightness settings for the best-suited one. It worked perfectly on Mossberg 12ga, Winchester wildcat 22 Rifle.
You can easily install it on any .8″ or 20mm Picatinny rail within a few minutes. The lenses are also anti-fog and come with a rubber cover. The complete package includes 1 Reflex Sight, A Lens Cover, 2 CR2032 Battery, 2 Allen Wrench (different sizes), and a Lens Cleaning Cloth.
- It is reliable and durable.
- The lens is anti-fog and is coated with anti-reflective.
- Different reticle options to choose from for the best-suited ones.
- Greater clarity than other paintball gun sights.
- Offers 10 and 3 MOA.
- This sight’s windage and elevation can be adjusted accordingly.
- Offers great eye relief.
- The instructions are a bit confusing.
4. Ohuhu Reflex Red & Green Holographic Sight For Paintball/Airsoft Guns With Adjustable Reticle Patterns
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 3.9 x 1.9 inches
- Weight: 0.26 Pounds
- Material: Aluminum
Ohuhu offers reflex sight in two colors sand and black. Its base material is aluminum, which makes it durable as well as reliable. The lens has a protective coating from scratches. We tested it out on an AK, DEL-TON AR-15, and .22LR pistol and it worked wonderfully.
For trouble-free mounting, it comes with a built-in sight mount vase for 20 mm Picatinny rails. During the evaluation, it performed well for the short and mid-range targets with its 33 mm reflex lens.
For players’ eye comfort, this paintball sight has windage and elevation adjustments with a locking mechanism. Like other paintball gun sights, it has 4 reticle patterns and 5 settings for illumination intensity.
You will receive the following things in the package: a 4 reticles reflex sight, a rubber lens cap cover, a cleaning cloth, a CR 2032 battery, and 2 wrenches.
- A durable, reliable, and lightweight sight.
- Offers 4 patterns and 5 brightness settings.
- A good choice for short and mid-range targets.
- It is waterproof and shockproof.
- Compatible with all 20 mm Picatinny rails.
- Easy built-in mounting base.
- Offers 1 MOA.
- It stays zeroed in.
- The dot is mildly smeared.
5. Magpul MBUS PRO Steel Flip Up Sights
- Dimensions: 4 x 3.1 x 1.3 inches
- Weight: 0.09 Pounds
- Material: Steel
This particular sight from Magpul has extreme resistance to scratches and corrosion. It can easily be mounted on any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 rail. You don’t need any tools for its elevation adjustments, unlike other sights.
It is available in the market in two styles: front and rear. It performed greatly on our AR. The only thing is that you have to manually open them.
- These sights are more reliable and durable than the polymer ones.
- It is compatible with most IR aiming laser and light installations.
- It offers 0.7 and 1 MOA.
- It isn’t spring-loaded to click open.
Buying Guide For Best Sights For Paintball Guns
Through our evaluation trials of the sights for paintball markers and airsoft guns; we came up with the following buying pointers. These pointers will assist you in making the best choice of sight for yourself for satisfying results.
Red Dot Size
Red dot sights come in different sizes. So before buying one make sure the size you are getting is ideal for your paintball marker. Because it could greatly affect the accuracy of your shots.
Battery Life – Ease of Changing Batteries
Red dot sights operate on batteries so you need to know the span life of batteries so they won’t die on you during the crucial time of the game.
It is also wise to know how easy or difficult it is to change the batteries of a particular sight that you are considering buying.
Tube vs Open Style
You will find two types of red dot sights. In the open style, you will get a wider range of vision as compared to the tube style. But this one is more prone to damage as it is not well protected like the tube ones.
The red dot is the reticle size that is used to aim the targets. The smaller reticle size is used for aiming at short-range targets; however, they are difficult to see during daylight. Bigger sizes are more recommended for beginners for enhancing their shot accuracy.
The sights don’t weigh that much but still, it is good to know that the sight you are getting is not adding up to much weight on the paintball marker as it needs to be mounted on top of the paintball gun.
Look for Added Features
It will be a bonus thing to get additional features along with the sight like laser gun sight or adjustments to levels of elevation, windage; or different reticle patterns and colors to choose from for a better experience.
Magnification is another feature to look out for so you can get a scope and a sight in one. As we mentioned above that there is a fine difference between a scope and a sight which is magnification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is sight or a scope popular among many paintball and airsoft players?
Other than being an optical aid for consistent shooting, these are popular among paintball and airsoft players for completing the final beautiful look of a real-life weapon.
What should I look for in the sight of airsoft guns?
There are three main things you need to look for:
- No magnification so that you can quickly point out your target.
- Large diameter for a wider range of vision to seek out the target quickly.
- High enough that it matches your eye level since you will be wearing your protective gear for eyes such as paintball masks & goggles. A sight riser will help you in matching your eye level with the sight.
Do paintball guns have sights?
Paintball guns do have sights on them. You can upgrade them according to your liking. These sights help a player make accurate shots and aid in aiming; however, players seldom use them. The sights are more for completing a life-like weapon look.
Are laser sights allowed in paintball?
The normal ones are allowed in paintball. But laser sights give away your holding position easily.
What does “zeroing“ mean for insights?
Zeroing is the process of setting sight perfectly to get a clear view of the target for a shot.
Our paintball sight research led us to these top 5 sights. And with the help of our buying guide, we hope you find the most suited sight for your paintball marker.
- Our first recommendation would be “Feyachi Reflex Sight” because it offers everything a sight has at a reasonable price tag. The thing we loved most about is how easy it is to install and zero in.
- Our second sight option would be “CVLIFE Reflex Sight“. This one passed with exceptional results during the rapid firing trial. And it comes with an additional feature of a laser gun sight.
- Last but not least, “EZshoot Red & Green Dot Paintball Gun Reflex Sight“. It offers everything a Good Reliable sight has to offer. We didn’t encounter any problem with it during the trial session. However we did find the instructions a bit hard; nevertheless, it was easy to mount it on the paintball marker.