One of the easiest and most common upgrades on the paintball marker is a sight, also known as a “scope”.
We will uncover almost everything there is to know about the best sights for paintball guns, whether these are useful in paintball or not.
Along with which sights are the best among many brands, such as Feyachi, TRINITY, TRINITY SUPPLY, CVLIFE, and EZshootto, out in the market to make your search more straightforward and to the point.
What is a “Sight”?
Sights are visual optics that aid paintball & airsoft players with consistent shots in scenario-based and woodsball matches. It also finishes the overall beauty of a paintball marker or a gun and completes the look of a real-life-like weapon.
Many players don’t consider a “sight” an essential upgrade because it’s partially needed. Partially needed because, YES, it does assist in consistent shooting, but most of the time, paintball players seldom use it; many players tend to fire until they hit a target rapidly.
By the time you make a shot from sight, other players would have already shot you down with rapid firing.
Although, it is undeniable that sight raises the accuracy of a shot for snipers and is a good investment for paintball players who are snipers and beginners and those who are more into looks.
Types of Sights
There are three main classifications of sights; reflex, reticle, dot, and holographic.
1. Reflex Sight
This uses a mirror-like lens that projects the red dot toward the target and then back to you. Therefore, it is best suited for longer ranges.
2. Reticle Sight
For a good range of fields of vision, it has a bulkier figure than others. It uses crosshairs to pinpoint the target from a distance. This has different reticle patterns so that players can choose the best-suited one.
3. Dot Sight
As the name states, this sight uses either a red or a green dot to help you aim at the target. These are the quickest and most accurate ones.
4. Holographic Sight
The most advanced sight in the market now is the holographic ones, especially for paintball markers. It creates a hologram image and doesn’t let you lose focus of the target even when you reposition the gun.
“The best-suited sight or a scope for paintball is Holographic Sight, according to many professionals.”
Difference Between a Sight and a Scope
Yes, you read that right. However, sight and scope have the same purpose of aiding players with the aim. However, there is a fine line of difference between them.
The primary difference is the absence of optical magnification in sight, whereas the scope has it. As a result, sights are used for low and mid-range, whereas longer-range accuracy scopes are the wiser choice.
Top 5 Sights For Paintball Markers
After thorough research and evaluation, we have listed down the top 5 sights or scopes for paintball guns, ranging from $15 to $130, in our opinion.
And with the help of our buying guide points, you can make the most out of your choice of paintball gun sights.
1. Feyachi Reflex Sight – Adjustable Red & Green 4 Styles Reticle Sight
- Dimensions: 3.11 x 1.14 x 2.13 inches
- Product Weight: 4.1 Ounces
- Material: Stainless Steel
Feyachi Reflex Sight has a 33mm lens that covers a wide range of fields. It is quite strong enough to withstand scratches. These can easily be mounted to paintball markers and guns and are easy to zero in. The given instructions were pretty simple to follow.
Feyachi offers four reticle patterns: star, cross, bullseye, and dot in two colours: red and green, with five brightness settings.
As the manufacturer stated, we found Feyachi Reflex Sight to be the lightest weighted, shockproof and waterproof among others, and reasonably priced. Although ours took 3 to 5 minutes to give a clear vision in the first trial, after that, it was okay. We even tested it out on a nerf gun, 22 Ruger MK4, AR15, and it worked fine.
The only weak point we encountered was the frame of the lens. It would be best if ySo you were careful with it. You will need a 3V lithium battery included in the package, a washcloth, a rubber lens cap cover, and two wrenches.
- It is light in weight.
- Feyachi Reflex Sight is waterproof & shockproof.
- It offers unlimited eye relief.
- You can choose from 2 colours and four different reticle patterns.
- It is easily mounted on the marker and zeroed in.
- The frame looks a bit weak.
2. CVLIFE Reflex Sight With Red & Green 4 Reticle Dot Sight Along With A Gun Sight Laser
- Package Dimensions: 4.65 x 3.66 x 2.91 inches
- Package Weight: 0.31 Kilograms
- Material: Aluminum
CVLIFE Reflex Sight has a 33 mm lens with 1x magnification and a ClassIIIA gun sight laser. It is a perfect companion for players looking for a sight and a laser upgrade.
It is an easy fix for 20 mm Picatinny rails and weaver. However, we found this more helpful in rapid firing. After much testing, it is pretty durable, reliable, and light weighted. It also features a brightness setting and has an On/Off switch. We evaluated this sight on Mossberg 12 gauge, KRYTAC KRISS vector, Smith and Wesson Victory 22, and Ruger 22/45, and it was relatively well zeroed in.
You will receive a Red and Green Reflex Dot Sight, Gun Sight Laser in red, a 3V Lithium Battery (CR2032), 3 Allen keys, and a Remote Pressure Pad.
- This paintball gun sight is reliable and durable.
- It is light weighted.
- It comes along with a gun sight laser.
- Choose from four reticle designs and two colours, red & green.
- On/off switch button.
- It holds the consistency of its zero.
- Great customer service.
- Its elevation is adjustable.
- There is no information on MOA (Minute of Angle)
3. EZshoot Red & Green Dot Paintball Gun Reflex Sight 4, Adjustable Reticles Holographic Optic with 20mm Rail Mount
- Package Dimensions: 4.92 x 3.62 x 1.81 inches
- Weight: 3.76 Ounces
- Material: Aluminum
Its 1x Magnification and 22×33 mm reflex lenses provide a wide range of field vision. In addition, we believe these sights have the most precise lens due to their anti-glare reflective coating.
The windage and elevation are adjustable, which we found very handy for eye relief. You can choose from 4 different reticle patterns and five brightness settings for the best-suited one. It worked perfectly on Mossberg 12ga and Winchester wildcat 22 Rifle.
You can easily install it on any .8″ or 20mm Picatinny rail within a few minutes. The lenses are also anti-fog and come with a rubber cover. The package includes 1 Reflex Sight, A Lens Cover, 2 CR2032 Battery, 2 Allen Wrench (different sizes), and a Lens Cleaning Cloth.
- It is reliable and durable.
- The lens is anti-fog and is coated with anti-reflective.
- Different reticle options to choose from for the best-suited ones.
- Greater clarity than other paintball gun sights.
- Offers 10 and 3 MOA.
- This sight’s windage and elevation can be adjusted accordingly.
- Offers excellent eye relief.
- The instructions are a bit confusing.
4. Ohuhu Reflex Red & Green Holographic Sight For Paintball/Airsoft Guns With Adjustable Reticle Patterns
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 3.9 x 1.9 inches
- Weight: 0.26 Pounds
- Material: Aluminum
Ohuhu offers reflex sight in two colours sand and black. Its base material is aluminium, making it durable and reliable. In addition, the lens has a protective coating from scratches. We tested it out on an AK, DEL-TON AR-15, and .22LR pistol, and it worked wonderfully.
It has a built-in sight mount vase for 20 mm Picatinny rails for trouble-free mounting. During the evaluation, it performed well for the short and mid-range targets with its 33 mm reflex lens.
For players’ eye comfort, this paintball sight has windage and elevation adjustments with a locking mechanism. Like other paintball gun sights, it has four reticle patterns and five settings for illumination intensity.
You will receive the following things in the package: a four reticles reflex sight, a rubber lens cap cover, a cleaning cloth, a CR 2032 battery, and two wrenches.
- A durable, reliable, and lightweight sight.
- Offers four patterns and five brightness settings.
- A good choice for short and mid-range targets.
- It is waterproof and shockproof.
- Compatible with all 20 mm Picatinny rails.
- Easy built-in mounting base.
- Offers 1 MOA.
- It stays zeroed in.
- The dot is mildly smeared.
5. Magpul MBUS PRO Steel Flip-Up Sights
- Dimensions: 4 x 3.1 x 1.3 inches
- Weight: 0.09 Pounds
- Material: Steel
This particular sight from Magpul has extreme resistance to scratches and corrosion. It can easily be mounted on any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 rail. Unlike other sights, you don’t need any tools for its elevation adjustments.
It is available in the market in two styles: front and rear. It performed exceptionally on our AR. The only thing is that you have to open them manually.
- These sights are more reliable and durable than polymer ones.
- It is compatible with most IR-aiming laser and light installations.
- It offers 0.7 and 1 MOA.
- It isn’t spring-loaded to click open.
Buying Guide For Best Sights For Paintball Guns
We devised the following buying pointers through our evaluation trials of the sights for paintball markers and airsoft guns. These pointers will assist you in making the best choice of sight for yourself for satisfying results.
Red Dot Size
Red dot sights come in different sizes. So before buying one, make sure the size you are getting is ideal for your paintball marker because it could significantly affect the accuracy of your shots.
Battery Life – Ease of Changing Batteries
Red dot sights operate on batteries, so you need to know the span life of batteries so they won’t die on you during the crucial time of the game.
It is also wise to know how easy or difficult it is to change the batteries of a particular sight you are considering buying.
Tube vs Open Style
You will find two types of red dot sights. First, you will get a broader range of vision in the open style compared to the tube style. But this one is more prone to damage as it is not well protected like the tube ones.
The red dot is the reticle size used to aim the targets. The smaller reticle size is used for aiming at short-range targets; however, they are difficult to see during daylight. Therefore, bigger sizes are recommended for beginners to enhance their shot accuracy.
The sights don’t weigh much, but it is good to know that the company you are getting is not adding up to much weight on the paintball marker as it needs to be mounted on top of the paintball gun.
Look for Added Features
It will be a bonus to get additional features along with the sight, like laser gun sight or adjustments to elevation levels, windage, or different reticle patterns and colours to choose from for a better experience.
Magnification is another feature to look for to get a scope and a sight in one. As we mentioned above, a slight difference exists between a scope and a magnification sight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is sight or a scope widespread among many paintball and airsoft players?
Other than being an optical aid for consistent shooting, these are popular among paintball and airsoft players for completing the final beautiful look of a real-life weapon.
What should I look for in the sight of airsoft guns?
There are three main things you need to look for:
- No magnification so that you can quickly point out your target.
- Large diameter for a broader range of vision to seek out the target soon.
- High enough that it matches your eye level since you will wear protective gear for your eyes, such as paintball masks & goggles. A sight riser will help you match your eye level with the sight.
Do paintball guns have sights?
Paintball guns do have sights on them. You can upgrade them according to your liking. These sights help a player make accurate shots and aid in aiming; however, players seldom use them. The sights are more for completing a life-like weapon look.
Are laser sights allowed in paintball?
The normal ones are allowed in paintball. But laser sights give away your holding position easily.
What does “zeroing “mean for insights?
Zeroing sets sight ideally to get a clear view of the target for a shot.
Our paintball sight research led us to these top 5 sights. And with the help of our buying guide, we hope you find the most suited sight for your paintball marker.
- Our first recommendation would be “Feyachi Reflex Sight” because it offers everything a sight has at a reasonable price tag. However, what we loved most about it is how easy it is to install and zero in.
- Our second sight option would be “CVLIFE Reflex Sight“. This one passed with exceptional results during the rapid firing trial. And it comes with an additional feature of a laser gun sight.
- Last is “EZshoot Red & Green Dot Paintball Gun Reflex Sight“. It offers everything a Good, Reliable sight has to offer. We didn’t encounter any problem with it during the trial session. However, we found the instructions a bit hard; nevertheless, it was easy to mount it on the paintball marker.