To play paintball safely, you need to have the best paintball masks. Any of you must have wondered in the very beginning whether paintball is safe or not? Indeed a very concerning question for people like us who love to play adventure games like this.
And to answer that question: YES, paintball is safe to play BUT with proper safety gears and following game safety rules. A good paintball mask is one of the essential parts of the safety gear because we only have two eyes.
We have listed out the best paintball masks for different skilled players, which are not just reliable & perform well, and are protective but are also cost-effective for beginners out there. You will love to read paintball mask reviews so that you can decide the best paintball mask you want to wear.
This list will assist you in finding anti-fog, upgradeable, comfortable, and budget-friendly paintball masks.
Top 10 Best Paintball Masks 2022
Paintball masks are also known as paintball goggles. You can buy your own, but if you don’t own one, you can have rental ones offered by the paintball arenas themselves.
But we don’t suggest that because you often encounter one or two problems with them, which ultimately hinders your performance in the match.
These are the top paintball masks in our opinion and experience. We will tell you about the essential factors which will help you narrow down your paintball mask options.
|Dye i5 Paintball Goggle||Dimensions: 13 x 11 x 9 inches
Weight: 0.36 Kg
Level: Intermediate to Pros
|Dye Precision I4 Thermal Paintball Goggle||Dimensions: 9 x 9 x 9 inches
Weight: 350 grams
|Empire Paintball X-ray Single Lens Goggle||Dimensions: 10 x 9.3 x 8 inches
Weight: 0.39 Kg
Level: Beginners to Intermediate
|Virtue VIO Ascend Thermal Paintball Goggles||Dimensions: 8.43 x 8.43 x 7.09 inches
Weight: 0.52 Kg
Level: Intermediate to Pros
|Invert Helix Thermal Paintball Goggles||Dimensions: 10 x 9 x 7.8 inches
Weight: 0.4 Kg
Level: Beginners to Pros
|Virtue VIO Paintball Goggles||Dimensions: 8.7 x 8.6 x 7.5 inches
Weight: 0.75 Kg
Level: Intermediate to Pros
|Valken Paintball MI-7 Goggle/Mask||Dimensions: 9 x 7 x 8 inches
Weight: 0.42 Kg
Level: Beginners to Intermediate
|JT Spectra Flex 8 Thermal Paintball Goggles||Dimensions: 12.3 x 8.8 x 7.6 inches
Weight: 2.15 Pounds
Level: Intermediate to Pros
|Bunkerkings CMD Paintball Goggles||Dimensions: 8.5 x 8.5 x 7.6 inches
Weight: 0.55 Kg
Level: Intermediate to Pros
|Empire E-Flex Paintball Goggle System||Dimensions: 8.75 x 8.75 x 8.5 inches
Weight: 0.86 Kg
1. Dye i5 Goggle – Fog Proof Paintball Mask
Dye produces very high quality and durable masks. They upgraded their already good i4 mask into a better version, i5. Like, they have widened the view area, as well the coverage area of your chin. It offers more peripheral vision than the other masks. Dye i5 paintball mask lens protects your eyes from paintball paint and the UV rays and comes with a protective liner for both sides; remember to remove it before use.
These lenses have anti-fogging features, so you don’t have to worry about losing your visuals. They are easy to remove and reinstall within seconds just by pushing levers from inside the mask. In terms of modernization, it has both a Heads-Up POV Mount & an “eVoke technology system,” which allows you to record your film of action and wirelessly know about game timings.
Its multi-directional venting design lets you breathe easily in it and fights off the heat simultaneously. This feature also makes it easier for you to communicate with your partners. The paintball mask’s head strap is super comfortable and super easy to tighten for you to get the right fit. Dye i5 Paintball Goggle comes with a 1 year of warranty.
Tip: Be careful not to touch the inside of the lens while cleaning because it has a “special anti fog coating”; you don’t want to damage it.
- Dye i5 delivers the best protection shield to your eyes and can be used playing airsoft as well.
- It is very comfortable and lightweight.
- It provides a good field of vision.
- This paintball mask doesn’t fog up AT ALL.
- We found this one with the easiest lend change out.
- It fits perfectly and is comfortable for both women and men, even those with slightly bigger heads than the average and those wearing glasses.
- Although they are a bit expensive, they are ideal for paintball and airsoft pros with their upgrades and specs.
- Dye i5 comes in a good range of colors and lens colors for you to choose according to your liking.
- Dye i5 Paintball Goggle does not provide full head coverage. You might need to wear a cap or tactical helmet to cover your head.
- With its tint, it is a bit difficult to use during indoor dark playing areas.
- These are a bit more expensive than others for beginners.
What we loved most about it: Dye i5 paintball goggles never once fog up whenever we play with them. We find them very comfortable and easy to wear. And these have a strong build as well—an ideal option for intermediate and pros players.
2. Dye Precision I4 Thermal Goggle – Cool Paintball Mask
Dye Precision I4 Thermal Paintball Goggles are durable with a sturdy build but look so cool. This mask is the smallest and lightest item from the dye with excellent field vision. It has a thermal lens installed, which gives you extra clarity of movement, and a rapid change lens mechanism, which, regardless of any weather, does not fog up at all, be it hot, cold, or humid.
Its breathable venting design makes communication with your teammates pretty easy in a way that they can hear you even from far away. This paintball mask provides great ear protection, which is soft, light, and flexible, and the thing we loved the most is that it also has fantastic max material, which helps keep your ear at an average temperature.
Dye Precision I4 Thermal Paintball mask has plenty of lens options suited for indoor and outdoor battles.
- It serves protection and anti-fogging purposes perfectly for both paintball & airsoft.
- These Goggles come with many lens options for different requirements
- The foam inside the paintball mask dries up sweat real fast and is very soft.
- It doesn’t fog up in any weather condition or even during heavy breathing.
- It is lightweight.
- The paintball mask comes with a microfiber storage bag.
- The lens is quickly removed and clean.
- It only covers your facial areas; your forehead, head, and throat are uncovered.
- Not a good option for players who wear glasses.
- It will be uncomfortable for players who have bigger heads than the average.
What we loved most about it: Dye I4 Thermal Goggle is one of the pro paintball masks because of its high definition and anti-fog lens and provides a wide field of vision to the paintball players.
They give you a cool look and provide the complete protection you need during any paintball battle with great comfort.
3. Empire X-ray Single Lens Goggle, Black – Paintball Mask For Beginners
Empire Paintball X-ray Single Lens Goggle is a great deal for beginners in paintball, as it serves its safety purpose exclusively and is budget friendly.
It has all the specs a top paintball mask should have—an overall solid faceplate with an anti fog clear lens for uninterrupted action. For more ease, it has an adjustable strap and louvered vents for maintaining inside temperature.
- You don’t have to worry about it fogging up.
- The interior foam is smooth and has excellent absorbability.
- Its strap is adjustable so that you can change it according to your liking.
- The lens is easily replaced.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It does not give you the full head coverage like a paintball mask helmet.
- It is not that comfortable for players who wear glasses as well.
What we loved most about it: the reason we consider Empire Paintball X-ray Single Lens Goggle for beginners is that you can get all the quality-based specs at an affordable price. It is neither too expensive nor too cheap.
4. Virtue VIO Ascend Thermal Goggles- Customizable Paintball Mask
Virtue offers sturdy and creative design in its line of products. The same goes for paintball masks. It is creative. You get more room to customize it, including ear pads, lenses, foam, and straps. Anti fog lens and shock absorbents are their main features to enhance your paintball gaming experience.
It has a modernized ventilation system for comfortable breathing & temperature control. The virtue paintball mask is very durable since it is made from quality-based plastic & foam.
Virtue VIO ascend thermal paintball goggles don’t have a visor, which is a bit of a bummer with all the specs.
- The lens has an anti fog feature for UV protection.
- This best paintball mask has long-life durability.
- It is also super lightweight.
- VIO thermal goggles are shock absorbent.
- It has a modernized ventilation system.
- You can choose a lens from 18 available options.
- You can also entirely change the inside foam of your choice.
- It gives you room for customization.
- It is comfortable even for players who wear eyesight glasses.
- The goggles come with a protective bag for you to store in.
- The lenses are easy to change, and it comes with easy-to-understand instructions on how to do it.
- It lacks a visor.
- It doesn’t provide you full head coverage. Your forehead is exposed in it.
- Some of the users did complain about it being loose.
What we loved most about it: we loved how Virtue VIO ascend thermal paintball goggles fit so well and won’t even budge while running vigorously. The lens is pretty easy to remove within seconds, which we find handy during intense paintball battles.
5. Invert Helix Thermal Goggles – Paintball Helmet & Mask
Invert Helix Thermal Paintball Goggle protects your head and face completely, which is made from hard plastic. It has a visor as well for your ease. Its design has a good range of ventilation systems, a reliable strap grip, and an anti fog dual lens for the finishing touch.
- It does not fog up in any weather condition.
- This paintball helmet is also ventilated pretty well.
- It’s spacious enough for you to accommodate glasses as well.
- The interior foam of this goggle is smooth & comfortable.
- The lenses are very easy to clean.
- This best paintball mask can fit easily on a wide variety of head sizes.
- You can easily change or replace both lenses and visors.
- It has rather a very most straightforward design, which has minimum customization to it.
We loved most about it: we loved how simple the design is, and the helmet fulfills each purpose of an excellent paintball mask. It is a great deal if you don’t want to spend a great deal of money.
Tip: Paintball Players who love to wear sunglasses or eyesight glasses should make sure their glasses have an anti fog coating. Even if the paintball mask & helmet lenses are anti fog coated, it won’t do you any good if your glasses fog up.
6. Virtue VIO – Anti Fog Paintball Mask
Virtue VIO Paintball Goggles have a fog-resistant thermal lens so that no weather condition can stop you from having a blast in a paintball battle. These lenses are easy to clean and changeable with UV rays protective layer-coating.
The adjustable strap comes with headgear to protect the back of your head, which also fits securely during your run. The interior of the paintball mask is made from a soft foam material with a breathable ventilation mechanism.
- The lenses are not only anti fog but are also anti-reflective.
- These are lightweight and are comfortable.
- The ventilation design is good; it didn’t face any breathing, hearing, or communicating issues.
- It gives room for customization: ear pads, lens frame, lower mask, strap, and of course, lenses as well.
- It is lightweight and doesn’t get in the way of playing paintball.
- It doesn’t give you full head coverage.
- The strap could be a little bit wider for good security.
What we loved most about it: With all the upgrade options and excellent specs, we found them the most comfortable paintball mask than others.
7. Valken MI-7 – Full Coverage Paintball Mask
Valken Paintball MI-7 Goggles lenses are made from polycarbonate material, making them strong, resilient, anti-fog and anti-scratch. It has dual layer foam for both inside interior and ear side for double protection from the impact of paintballs.
This full head paintball mask has a good vision of the field for you to survey the whole playing area easily. With its quick-changing lense feature, it sure is handy in hot situations.
- It is lightweight to carry around.
- Lenses are both anti-fog and anti-scratch coated and are made sturdy to stand close to paintball hits.
- It gives you complete coverage protection.
- The lenses are easy to change.
- MI-7 goggle’s visor is replaceable.
- It comes with a 90 days warranty.
- It is a bit tight on larger heads.
- The foam on the ears side hurts after using it for more than 3 to 4 hours.
What we loved about it: we didn’t need to wear any baseball cap or anything to cover our head as Valken Paintball MI-7 Paintball Goggle provides full-coverage protection.
8. JT Spectra Flex 8 Full Head And Face Coverage Thermal Paintball Goggles – Paintball Mask Fan
We recommend this paintball mask to those players who play in really long tournaments. When you have to spend a lot of time wearing a protective helmet or mask, you need it to be extra comfortable, breathable, and extremely lightweight.
JT Spectra flex goggle gives you full head paintball mask and face coverage with an adjustable visor. The lenses are both strong and anti-fog. It has 2 vortex fans installed in its ventilation system for easy breathing and temperature control.
- It gives you full face and head coverage.
- It comes with thermal-based lenses.
- The JT Spectra Flex mask gives you room for customization.
- It has a double-layer ventilation system.
- It is comfortable and lightweight.
- You can adjust the settings according to your choice.
- The helmet feels a bit tight when wearing glasses but you can get used to it over time.
- Very little room for customization.
What we loved about it: we didn’t encounter any uncomfortable or ear hurting in our long paintball battle. Wearing it throughout the whole was very comfortable.
9. Bunkerkings CMD – Full Face Paintball Mask
Breathing, protection, great field of vision, and accessible communication are all the specs offered by Bunkerkings CMD paintball mask. It has multi-directional ventilation mechanisms for easy breathing and temperature control.
Lenses are both thermal & anti-fogging and are easily changed.
- The dual foam is easily removed for cleaning or replacing.
- Lenses have an anti-fog coating layer and anti-scratch layer and are easy to change.
- It has a VIO lens system, so you have almost 45 different options to choose from according to your taste.
- Comfortable for glasses-wearing players as well.
- It comes with a goggle bag to store your mask safely.
- It’s unsuitable for airsoft because the holes are bigger near the mouth area to go through.
What we loved about it: its ventilation system makes it super airy for comfortable breathing and supplies enough air even if you are panting. This paintball mask ventilation is something we find the best as extremely breathable than others.
10. Empire E-Flex – Paintball Face Shield
Although Empire E-Flex does not come with a visor, it didn’t compromise on its quality specs of lenses, vents, and interior/exterior design. Lenses are both anti-fogging and protect you from harmful UV rays.
Its ventilation provides a great deal of air for easy breathing and keeps warm air out of the paintball mask. It gives you plenty of room to upgrade it into your unique taste.
- It is comfortable and breathable.
- Lenses don’t fog up at all under any weather conditions or heavy breathing.
- It protects you from not only paintballs but harmful UV rays.
- You can use this best paintball mask for woodsball and speedball without worry.
- If you wear prescribed glasses, then you might feel uncomfortable in this mask.
- It does not give you full-head coverage; you might need to wear a hat under which could also be uncomfortable for you.
What we loved about it: we loved the sturdiness of this mask; it easily withstood short distance shots of paintballs and survived without a single dent or scratch on the lens.
Buying Guide Factors to Consider While Purchasing Best Paintball Masks
There are a few factors on which you should not compromise at all for your safety. Although this sport is safe to play, you will get shot with paintballs at really high FPS speed.
Any great paintball mask or goggle has the sole purpose of protecting your eyes, nose, mouth, and ears and if possible even throat guard to avoid any injury as well as lifelong regrets.
The weight of the paintball mask you have to carry around your face can affect your overall performance. You are already carrying around the weight of other essential paintball gears, and if your mask is also heavy, it will exhaust you quickly and affect your scoring.
Of course, you have to look out for a good ventilation system because we all have to breathe to keep ongoing. Running, hiding, shooting, adrenaline rush, and having anxiety during a stealth mode can make you easily pant.
For this, you need a good ventilation system for a good amount of passage of air which supplies you with enough air to catch your breath and keep warm air out to protect you from heatstroke. Any good ventilation system also enhances communication with your teammates or competitors.
Any high definition lens has these attributes:
- An anti-fog coating.
- Anti-scratch coating.
- Protective Layer from UV rays
These attributes will ease you in performing well in any match without worrying about losing your visuals, damaging your lens, or the harmful UV rays.
There are many types and tints of lenses available in the market. Go for the ones that work best according to your paintball playing arena, the timing of the day, and the weather condition.
Each part of the paintball mask should be made of sturdy material which could withstand high FPS speed shots even from close range. Sturdy and durable materials will ensure your head and face safety.
If you are starting, we recommend going for those paintball masks that give you both full face and head coverage, but if you are a pro at it, you can manage with just full-face coverage paintball masks.
Easy Change/Replaceable Lens & Interior Foam
The paintball mask or goggles you are considering buying should have the ability to change easily or replaceable parts because, after every match, you have to clean them before storing them away in a secure place.
Maintenance is the first step in prolonging the life of any product that you own.
It is an essential factor because you could end up wearing your paintball for hours in tournaments and long matches. It should be comfortable enough for you to wear it for that long and doesn’t get in your way.
Some paintball masks have very irritating and hard ear pads, which could end up hindering your game. Talking about comfort level also includes whether it fits perfectly on your head or not and whether it is glasses friendly for those who have eyesight glasses to play with during a paintball match.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Prevent a Best Paintball Mask From Fogging?
Many options are available in the market, like replacing your lens with a thermal lens or spraying it with anti-fog spray to keep it away from fogging up and distorting your vision. Many people also go for DIY tactics, which you can find on youtube.
Others use a mask fan installed on top of the goggles. These mask fans operate by a battery to evaporate the humidity from inside the mask to keep the lens from fogging up.
Can You Wear a Paintball Mask With Glasses?
Yes, you can as long as it has a spacious area around the lens. We recommend trying out the paintball mask with the glasses before making a purchase or making sure with the buyer before ordering any specific mask.
Can I Use a Paintball Mask For Airsoft As Well?
Many use their paintball mask for airsoft as long as your mask is solid and sturdy enough. Make sure beforehand that the holes of the ventilation system are not very big enough to let the bb pass through it.
Now you know the best paintball masks out in the market. We have ranked our list according to the top-rated paintball mask out in the market and have written down the MAIN SPEC we loved about them.
Choosing a suitable paintball mask is crucial in your game because it can alter or enhance your performance. Although safety comes first, do look out for other specs, especially the anti-fogging and ventilation system.
Our buying guide will help you in making the best possible choice for your paintball mask.